A disgruntled traveller was fuming after Skyscanner suggested he wait for 47 years when organising his flights.
The price comparison website told James Lloyd to wait for more than 413,000 hours for a plane from Bangkok to Dubai and then another eight and a half hours for a flight from Dubai to Gatwick.
Lloyd’s mammoth journey was from Christchurch in New Zealand to England with three connections along the way.
He posted on Facebook: “Hi Skyscanner. Just wondering what you’d recommend I do during the 47 year layover your website has suggested?”
His comment got over 7000 likes and 500 comments from other people revelling in his frustration or feeling his pain.
Skyscanner also saw the funny side and responded to their ticked off traveller with a list of things to keep him busy during his hours between flights.
“Unless you’re a huge fan of The Terminal, I’d probably recommend spending those years outside of the airport, so here are a few suggestions:
• Missed Songkran but you’ve got another 46 years to enjoy it.
• How do you feel about heights? The Moon Bar is pretty good and it’s open until 1am so you could spend a good chunk of time there.
• A cruise on the Chao Phraya river could keep you busy for a while.
• If you get peckish there’s a floating market. Not only good for grub, but you could make a few mates whilst you’re there. Win/win.
• Become a Tai Chi expert in Lumpini Park.”